After study options in UK

Explore UK with Truematics

The following two visas are suitable for graduates who want to work in the UK.

  • Tier 2 (General) visa: Open to recent graduates with a Bachelor's or Masters degree, PhD, PGCE or PGDE from a UK recognised or listed body. You can apply for a Tier 2 visa without first having to leave the UK if you have an offer of a skilled job from an employer that is a licensed sponsor. The job must meet minimum salary criteria this depends on;the profession you wish to work in. There is no limit to the number of students who can gain a Tier 2 visa, provided you meet these requirements. You can stay in the UK for 3 years, with the possibility to extend.
  • Tier 5 temporary worker visa: You must leave the UK and apply from overseas for this category. The exception to this is if you are undertaking postgraduate training or work experience relevant to your qualification in this case you can switch into the Tier 5 government authorised exchange scheme from inside the UK. To apply for most Tier 5 categories, you must have a job offer from a licensed sponsor and pass a points-based assessment. There are different requirements under the youth mobility scheme. Tier 5 work experience and internship schemes are limited to 12 months, but other schemes covering research, fellowships and training in the fields of science and medicine are limited to two years.

The following visa is suitable for graduates who want to start up their own business in the UK.

  • Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa: To be eligible, you need to be endorsed by a UK higher education institution (HEI) participating in this scheme. On this scheme, you can stay in the UK for one year with the option to extend for a further 12 months if your institution is willing to continue to endorse you.
Doctoral students:

Doctoral students who have completed their UK studies can now stay in the UK to search for skilled employment or establish their own business for up to 12 months after they have completed their doctorate. Applications for the doctorate extension scheme need to be made before the expected completion date of the doctorate, and cannot be made after a doctorate is completed.

Enquire us
What our students speak about Truematics: