Switzerland Visa Guidelines
Explore Switzerland with Truematics
A receipt & enrollment confirmation will be sent to you as soon as university
has received the initial payment.
At this stage you will need to contact the Swiss Embassy, book appointment for a
student visa interview.
The balance of your school fee for the first year must be paid after university
has presented a proof of your visa confirmation but not later than 4 weeks prior
to the term commencement date.
Upon receiving full payment, University will issue an NOC (No Open Cost) letter
and will send it directly to the Swiss Embassy in your hometown so you may
receive your visa stamp. After which, you may book your flight ticket to
Foreign nationals can study in Switzerland for a period of up to 3 months
without a student/residence permit. However, if their stay exceeds 3 months
within one year a permit has to be applied for. The application has to be
submitted to the Swiss Consulate General which will then be forwarded to the
Cantonal authority, in Switzerland. The whole process takes 6 to 8 weeks.
Switzerland Visa Application Centre in India
Plot no. 25,
Mumbai – 400007
Tel: 0091-22-6610 3407
Switzerland student visa requirements:
1. Applications forms for a long stay visa (visa D) will be accepted, fully
completed and signed by the applicant. (www.eda.admin.ch)
2. Valid passport with available pages for visa sticker and of “standard” quality
(not damaged, torn, faded etc). Will be handed back to you after the interview.
Your previous passport. Of available
3. New passport sized photographs (size 35-40mm in width, no copy or scanned
4. Photograph should be pasted on the three forms and the other photo to be given
along with the application. Stapled or pinned photographs would not be accepted.
The following documents have to be submitted in original as well as copies in
triplicate of the same:
5. A curriculum vitae including an explanation of the intentions of the applicant
6. An attestation from the school/college/university in Switzerland (acceptance
7. Receipt of payment of school fees from Switzerland
8. Type-written declaration by the applicant stating that he/she will return to
India on the completion of his/her studies
9. Affidavit/covering letter on business letterhead from the sponsor stating that
he/she would bear the study expenses.
10. Copies of first and last pages of passport.
11. Evidence of financial resources (Bank statement/Certificate, Income-Tax papers)
of the applicant or the person who sponsors his/her education. Fixed Deposits
will not be considered.
12. Letter from the bank confirming that the loan (if any) has been sanctioned Proof
of academic qualification (Certificates, diplomas) The above mentioned documents
have to be clipped together (not stapled) in order as mentioned above.
13. All individuals applying for a student visa will be charged the following fees
provided they are going to stay over a period of 90 days in Switzerland.
The below mentioned fees need to be paid vide 3 individual demand drafts in
Consulate General of Switzerland, Mumbai. Visa Fees INR 3600 Language Gradation
INR 3300 Postage INR 250 Students who are accepted at ETH and EPFL for an
internship (will receive a stipend) have to pay only INR 250 as postage fee for
the forms to be sent to Switzerland. The decision to conduct a language test
rests solely with this Consulate General. No enquiries on telephone / e-mail
will be entertained after the submission of the application.
IMPORTANT: Photocopies of all relevant documents must be provided for the
Embassy. Do not submit originals. Once submitted, no document will be returned.
Please note that this is not exhaustive list. If necessary, you may be requested
to bring additional documentation or to appear for a personal interview.