Why Study in USA

Explore USA with Truematics

USA is one of the top destination to study abroad. There are lots of Indian students who take their higher education in USA university. Truematics is one stop solution for all your needs to study in USA. Admission are open now.Apply now!!

Truematics directly represent Top USA universities. We provide assistance from admission till the students reach USA.

Highlights of USA

Best education system
Part time jobs allowed
Business hub
English is global language
Top Destination
Degree - Worldwide Recognition
Affordable education cost
Multicultural Nation

1. Commitment to Excellence: One of the highest selling points of American education is perhaps its worldwide reputation of commitment to excellence. Only the best students around the world are admitted to the top schools in the US, where quality education is imparted to them by an expertly trained faculty. This quality education is thereby upheld year after year and the degrees that students attained in the US are not just widely recognized and accepted, but also widely respected around the world.

2. Brilliant Scope for Research: If you are inclined toward academic research, the US is your perfect choice for higher education. You can get the opportunity o earn while you learn, when you enroll into an MS/PhD program. Your research grant will help support your personal needs by waiving your tuition and providing you with a stipend, while the intellectual challenges that you will overcome academically will certainly help satisfy your professional appetite. Funding and grants for most research projects at the university are obtained from either the federal government or reputed multinational corporations in the industry.

3. Academic Flexibility: You will soon discover that the education system in the US is a lot different from your home country. The US education system offers a kind of flexibility in terms of the courses that are offered, which enables you select your choice of subject from a variety of topics. You can now specialize in the area of your choice without having to take any unnecessary classes. You also have the flexibility to choose a class at any time during the academic year, since the some courses are offered multiple times during the academic year. The quarterly or semester system gives you a flexibility to complete your academic program at your own pace and take additional time on a research project if required. For instance, if you can complete the total number of courses required for you to graduate, you can finish up your master's degree within a year. You can also spread out your course completion schedule in such a manner as to devote more time for research and complete your course in a couple of years.

4. Financial Support: Availability of financial aid is another major incentive for international students to opt for higher education in the US. Most universities offer its students grants, loans and stipends to cover their daily expenses as well as tuition in some cases. University assistantship is provided on the basis of merit rather than financial need. If you can prove your excellence in academics, then your US education may even turn out to be free. Otherwise, obtaining grants and loans from banks is also easy if you can provide proof of your admission. On-campus work programs are also available for students who qualify for a specific kind of job. For instance, if you have a humanities major, you can seek employment at the library. If you are certified lifeguard, you can work at the Aquatic Center.

5. Lucrative Job Opportunities: On completion of your degree, you are legally authorized to work in the US in your related field for about a year. You need to apply for Optional Practical Training Employment Authorization (OPT). Most international students get inducted into the company that hires them during their OPT period, by sponsoring their H1-B or work visa. The H1-B work visa is usually granted by employers if they are hiring international students in specialty areas such as software, engineering, accountancy, teaching or marketing. Once your employer grants your H1-B, you are allowed to work in the US without returning to your home country.

6. Value Addition and Cultural Enhancement: Around 30 percent of all international students in the world study in the US. So, as an international student, you will have the unique privilege to interact with a lot of people from a lot of different nationalities. This exposure will not only enhance your cultural and artistic faculties, but will also help you learn a lot more about the world. The exciting cultural exchange and international diversity will certainly enrich your life both personally and academically. Your new friends will be your new family.

Living expense in USA

The approximate annual living expenses are about $1000 / month, which includes accommodation as well as other daily expenses. However, the expenses are different for different people depending on the lifestyles and this is just a rough idea. The main expenses can be split up as:

Rent: $400 / month
Groceries: $100/month
Utilities: $100/month
Phone: $100/month
Sundry: $200/month

Part time jobs in USA

Employment opportunities for international students are limited. You should not plan on earning substantial money from a part-time job to help pay for your studies.

On campus : Though international students are allowed to work on campus, these jobs are often difficult to obtain and do not provide sufficient funds to sustain education costs. Students with good academic standing have a better chance.

Off campus : It may be possible to for students to avail of limited off-campus employment, which is subject to strict regulatory guidelines. It requires approval from US Immigration & Naturalization Service. This approval is not easy to get and depends on a special need.

Practical Training : In addition, there may be opportunities for practical training which entail a period of authorized employment, designed to allow foreign students to have professional work experience related to their field of study. For further details, contact the foreign student adviser at the university, after you are enrolled.

After study options in USA

After years of pre-exam all-nighters, ready meals and essays, you’ve finally received your qualification from a US institution. Whilst immigration laws in the US are infamously tight, as a qualified graduate there are options for you to remain in the country and work once you’ve finished your studies. Your options will fall broadly between two categories: a temporary work visa (that may be extended to permanent residency in some cases), or enrolment in a training programme. Let our breakdown of each process help you sort out your plans to start post-study life in the US.

Depending on which student visa you’re on, the amount of time you’ll be allowed to remain in the US after the completion of your studies (called a ‘grace period’) will differ. F-1 students will have a grace period of 60 days, whilst M-1 and J-1 students will have 30. Before your student visa expires you will either need to apply for and secure a work visa, or enrol in a training programme. Otherwise, you will need to leave the US and re-apply for a visa from your home country.

Work Visas
Temporary Worker Visa (H1-B)
Optional Practical Training (OPT) Programmes

Work visas

Whilst there are many different types of work visas, if you are an international student who doesn’t want to complete a training programme, you’ll need to apply for a temporary visa that is sponsored by an employer. If you’d like to remain in the states permanently, you will need to apply for a Green Card whilst on this visa.

In some, standout cases where your employer offers you a permanent position, you may be able to apply for a Green Card directly. However, as a graduate typically yet to embark on your professional career, this is an incredibly unlikely scenario. If you'd like to stay in the States permanently you should be sure to double check exactly what your employer is willing to offer you when you recieve your offer: how permanent does your position seem, and is there much scope for progression (could you be eligible for a Green Card later whilst still in this position?) ?

You can check all the specific details, eligibility criteria and application procedures for each visa type and sub-type on the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website. It’s also a good idea to approach your host university at least a few months before you’re set to graduate and ask for advice about your options, and how best you should proceed in securing employment.

Temporary Worker Visa (H-1B)

The administrative processes tied to getting a US visa can be quite meticulous and cumbersome. Whilst there are a few different types of temporary work visas, you will be unlikely to be eligible for them as an international student. Still, you can pursue the details of all temporary US work visas on the US Bureau of Consular Affairs website.

If you’d like to remain in the US to work but don’t want to complete a training programme, you will need to first be offered a job by a US employer who will then nominate you for a H-1B visa. This visa allows you to remain in the US for up to three years, by may be extended to a maximum of six years.

This visa is for graduates with a speciality occupation who hold a higher education degree (or equivalent). You will NOT be able to apply for this visa yourself: your employer will have to agree to sponsor you, and will be required to complete the application process on your behalf. First, your employer will need to complete paperwork that decrees there is no US citizen who is as or more qualified then you for the job, and meet wage requirements as set by the Department of Labour (DOL). Wage verification may take up to 60 days.

Your employer must then file a Labor Condition Application (LCA) with DOL that confirms they will meet the conditions of the visa whilst you are working for them. This may take up to a week. After the LCA has been certified, your employer will then apply to USCIS, and will be notified when the petition has been approved. Your employer may start applying for the H1-B six months before the commencement date of your employment. 85,000 H1-B visas are available each fiscal year, with an additional 20,000 reserved for graduates who have a degree from a US institution.

Whilst it is an extra burden for employers to complete this process on your behalf, there are still many companies that accept foreign employees. The University of Pennsylvania has a comprehensive list of employers who are known to hire international graduates, as well as thorough career and job-hunting advice for prospective graduates wanting to stay on. The university’s career services office also has a video that follows the post-study paths of international Penn graduates..You will also have the opportunity to apply for a Green Card whilst on a H1-B visa, which will enable you to stay in the US permanently. This is a separate and thorough application process that you should think carefully about, and be sure to leave yourself enough time to tackle before your H-1B visa expires. If you do not receive a Green Card before your visa expires, you will need to live outside of the US for at least a year before you’ll be able to re-apply for a H visa, and begin the process again

Optional Practical Training (OPT) Programmes

As an F-1 student you will be able to complete up to a year of temporary employment that is directly related to your major field of study. You will be allotted one year of OPT training per study level completed: i.e at Bachelors level you will receive one year, and at Masters you will be allowed another. If you wish to remain in the US after you graduate you can apply for OPT after (post-completion) you’ve completed your studies. Only F-1 visa students are eligible for OPT.

You will need to have the Designated School Official (DSO) at your host university put you forward for OPT. A DSO is someone who has been nominated to assist and manage the status of overseas students. All universities that accept international student are bound by law to have at least one DSO. To be put forward, in most cases you will need to complete some sort of certification process with your university, including filling out and submitting an OPT I-20 request form to the international services office. You will be able to download this form from your host’s website or get a hard copy from its international office. Your university will then send your request to Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS), and if you are successful then a new I-20 immigration form will be generated for you.

After you’ve collected your new I-20, you will need to download and complete a number of other forms and include them with relevant supporting documents in your complete OPT application. For example, The University of Michigan provides details of these forms and further application specifics on their international centre website.

Students in fields of Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) may be eligible to extend the length of their OPT programme from a year to 17 months (STEM-OPT). The application process for a STEM-OPT extension is separate, and is outlined in detail on the New York University immigration services webpage.

Enquire us
What our students speak about Truematics: